Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Post

This blog is dedicated to one of the iconic fashion models of the 1970's - Kathy Loghy.  For a period starting in the late 60's through the late 70's she was a fixture in catalogs and advertisemnets everywhere.  Unfortunatly there isn't a whole lot on her on the internet, which is why this blog was started. 

Please remmeber to be respectful and keep it clean!  This blog is intended to not only showcase Kathy and her friends, but also to capture that period of American history. 

Please send your photos, comments etc. 

I plan on posting about once a week.  To start here are a couple of pictures of Kathy from some vintage Sears catalogs.  She was everywhere in those catalogs.  For those that don't remember, the big Sears and JCPenneys catalogs would come twice a year and they were a big deal!  These were the days before the internet and cell phones.  So these catalogs represented a connection to teh world at large.  For many middle Americans these catalogs were their primary connection to the world of fashion. 

In teh first pic Kathy is on the right.  Next to her is Karen Bruun who was everywhere in these catalogs also.  Colleen Corby is on the left.  She was not only a frequent model in Sears and JCPenneys, but also was in Seventeen alot.  Enjoy!

 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. My very favorite model! I used to cut up my Grandma's catalogs for years for the "paper dolls" and I have 100's of them. Kathy Loghry was my favorite and if there were any way possible to cut her out I would, even going so far as adding someone else's legs so that it would make a complete doll! Glad to see this site. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you enjoyed the posts.

      Delete
    2. I did the same thing! My mom would let me cut up the Alden's catalogs and Kathy was my FAV!

      Delete
  2. A girlfriend just emailed me this site. I remember Kathy mostly because she was on the cover of Modern Bride when I was planing my wedding. It's fun to see all these pictures and the past fashion. Looking forward to this Fridays post. I know Kathy modeled lots for the bridal magazines and her wedding was even written up in a two page spread in Modern Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUST came across this site and am having the best time reading and seeing all the great images you have provided. I have actually been looking for a name for her, Kathy Loghry, for years! Really enjoying this and plan to read it ALL! Thanks for all your work in gathering this information.

    Like all children of the 60s and 70s, we looked forward to and devoured our catalogs upon arrival: JCP, Sears, Montgomery Ward and we also got Alden's, a much lesser-known catalog. That was the one my mom would let me use to create paper dolls for hours of fun. I always made Kathy the heroine of any imaginary storyline. :) She was just so beautiful and that incredible smile did cause her to stand out in the crowd!

    So far I haven't seen an update about where Kathy is now or what she is up to. HOPE to find that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie, glad you like the blog! It has evolved into a blog about the Big Book catalogs of the 70s, but I still feature Kathy a lot. I don't have s lot of info on what Kathy is up to today. But I know she has seen the blog. Once again, glad you enjoy it!

      Delete