Monday, August 3, 2015

K Club Special (Part 20) - Colleen Corby (Part 3)!!

And yes, it happens to be Colleen's birthday today.  That's probably just a coincidence.  Yeah, that wasn't planned at all!!

Well, like I've mentioned before, you might think doing a special on Colleen would be easy.  After all there's tons of material on her out there already.  And that is precisely why it's not.  What can I do that's unique?  After all I kinda "jumped the shark" last week.  I'm not sure I can follow up my own act!!

So I'm not even going to try.  Let's enjoy some nice pics of Colleen.  They be new to the net or they may not.  Like here "Your Search for Value Ends at Penneys."  Hmmm, think about that one!  It could mean the opposite of what they intended (nice watch by the way!)

And while we're on accessories from the JCP Spring / Summer 76 catalog, let's check out some "far-out" earth tone belts and capes!  And they're hammering home the fact that we're not searching for value!  Yes, Yes, we know this isn't Neiman Marcus.  Please stop reminding us!!

Staying with the earth tone and accessories theme, let's check out Spiegel.  That outfit could almost be worn today.  Well, except for the basket.  What's up with that?

Yep, we have ourselves a secondary theme of 70s accessories going on here folks!  I don't expect smiles from Colleen, but here even Karen, Shelley, and the other models seem to be forcing a smile.  C'mon, those Christmas sweaters and shawls aren't that bad.  After all you could wear them ....well,......you could wear them..........well.............. Okay, okay, I think our search for value just ended!!

Gotta have at least one pic with Kathy.  So why is she looking down while Karen and Colleen are looking up?  Wards apparently stayed away from any snappy saying about value (probably a good idea.)  Instead they simply say "It's a Different World for Juniors."  Once again that can be interpreted in either a positive or negative way.


Like I said, it's probably a good thing they stayed away from mentioning value........

Let's check out some Colleen pics from other sources.....

Did they really say that?  Watch the Action?  I don;t think you could get away with that today!


 Another classic shot!

A very pensive look on the faces of these models as they contemplate the vastness of the ocean before them.
And we'll end on a handwriting analysis of Colleen's signature.  Of course these things are always highly accurate!


4 comments:

  1. I actually forgot it was Colleen's birthday. That's a nice shot of her in the Gay Gibson ad. I have to say, though, that the Bobbie Brooks ad is one of my favorite shots of Cay Sanderson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that is Cay looking at the camera. What a great pic!

      Delete
  2. THESE ARE SOME GREAT SCANS OF CORBY. WOULD YOU MIND IF I PINNED THEM TO PINTEREST. I HAVE A BOARD FOR HER. I HAVE MOST OF THE 17s FROM 65 TO 71...MY SCANS DON'T LOOK AS GOOD AS YOURS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all!! i'd be happy of you pinned them!! (just give me a little credit!!) Thanks!!

      Delete