Monday, July 31, 2017

K Club Special, Part 36 - Colleen Corby, Part 5!!

Hard to believe it, but it's time for another look at Colleen Corby and her illustrious career!  This is the 5th time we've looked at her career and you may notice that I always try to feature in early August.  The reason?  It's her birthday later this week!

Colleen started to model in the early 60s and continued well into the 70s.  Here she is from JCP in 1977!

Despite being one of the top models of her era (and arguably the best known of the K Clubbers), her pic still popped up on odd places, like here on a Sears sales circular!

Okay, confession time here.  Colleen was one of my favorites from the catalogs along with the other K Clubbers (Kathy, Karen, and Kay.)  However, I didn't know she was such a well known model until later.

In fact, she was the first catalog model whose name I learned.  I haven't found all the names out yet - like the blonde her with Colleen.

 Colleen in Wards!

And Wards again!

Colleen sandwiched between two regular Big Book catalog regulars - our own Kathy and Karen! (1)

Again with Kathy! (1)

So we've seen all catalog pics so far.  But Colleen was extremely popular in other print media of the 60s and 70s.
Very, very nice pic of Colleen.

Colleen did some modeling with her sister, Molly.

Strange pic of Colleen with some hounds! (2)

Colleen from Sears in the 60s! (2)

And Penneys from the 60s too! (2)

And the last two pics are from 1965 where Colleen did some ads for Saks!

Again for Saks!

Colleen is still probably one of the most popular , if not the most popular, and well known model of that era.  The abundance of pics and fan websites out there attest to that!

footnotes:

(1) Yeah I got these off the internet from somewhere, but not sure where.  I apologize for not being able to give proper credit.

(2) These pics are courtesy of Blue Senshi.  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Those #1 footnoted pics are from me too. LOL They're from a friend's collection that I scanned. It was the same story with me regarding Colleen; I never dreamed she was so popular, and I never expected to ever find out her name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I thought that they were from you but I wasn't sure. BTW, on Ebay there is a McCall's and Simplicity patterns magazines that have some Colleen pics in them. problem is that there are $50 each.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that's much too expensive.

      Delete